Our Application Requirements
The Chicagoland Roofer's Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program is accepting applications.
Click the link below to submit an application to the Chicagoland Roofer's Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program.
Roofers and Waterproofers Apprenticeship online application form
Requirements for the Roofers' Apprenticeship Training Program:
- Must apply in person at our office, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must pay a $20.00 non refundable application fee in the form of cash or money order.
- Must show us an original high-school diploma or G.E.D. certificate (proof of 6 month’s commercial roofing experience may take place of diploma).
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language. (Classes are in English.)
- Must show the following two forms of identification (a valid driver’s license and a valid social security card are required).
- Applicant must take a general aptitude test.
Applicants will be notified by mail of his/her scheduled testing date.
Once you have successfully completed the placement test:
After you successfully complete the placement test, you will be ranked according to your test score. You will be contacted for a position based on the test, and when a position becomes available.
After you are contacted you must complete the following steps:
- You must take the physical and drug screen within 24 hours of our call.
- You must pass a screen for illegal drugs and a physical examination which meets Department of Transportation requirements and to establish you are physically fit to perform the work of our Trade.
Some of the materials that must be picked up weigh up to 100 pounds.
- You must pay an initiation fee of $550.00 to Local #11. (this fee is non-refundable)
- Monthly Union dues are required, payable to The United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers Local #11.
- You must provide your own transportation to job sites.
Applications must be filled out in person and are taken Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
Click here for directions.
(Equal Opportunity Employer/Male-Female)
If a career as a roofer and waterproofer appeals to you, contact us.
Chicago Roofers Joint Apprenticeship & Training Program
7045 Joliet Road
Indian Head Park, Illinois 60525